Northside Montessori School’s kindergarten program is available for students who wish to continue with Montessori schooling through kindergarten. Our program helps students master their interests in math, reading, and writing before they move to first grade in a public or private school. Our program is also offered to any child who wishes to experience Montessori learning or remedial to public school kindergarten.
Before Kindergarten, most children have learned phonetic sounds and can read and write letters and numbers. The following are examples of daily lessons:
- Reading long vowels, consonants, blending, etc.
- Numbers with quantities up to 1000, decimal system, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with concrete materials
- Spelling, word lists, word building
- Foreign languages: greetings, numbers, and songs
- Science: plant parts, animals, insects, and solar systems
- Geography: countries, land formations, continents, oceans, states, flags, people, and habitat
- Holiday celebrations around the world
- Telling Time
- Art: painting, collage, drawing, printing
- Language workbooks
- Building sentences
- Writing journals (if child is ready)
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, 'The children are now working as if I did not exist.'"
~ Dr. Maria Montessori